Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, August 3, 2018

QT 3 Aug 18, Rev 20:9, Painful tears stem from a lack of hope


Revelation 20:9 (ESV) — And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,

NOTE: This verse appears to come after the end of the millennial kingdom, suggesting that tears might still be a part of that time, but not of the eternal order. Either way, one of the issue of tears is the lack of hope. When there is hope, the tears are not so bad, but when hope is elusive, the tears are tears of pain and hurt. In the millennial kingdom, we will see God, He will dwell with us, and so there will be no reason to lack hope for anything except a person's choices. It will still be possible for those in non-resurrected bodies to choose or reject Christ, and maybe that will be the tears.

PRAYER: I don't like tears except when they are tears of joy. I don't like the hopelessness that is attached to tears. I thank you that you will remove tears someday. I pray for today. Help me to rejoice in good things and in an unpleasant things.

No comments:

Post a Comment