Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 1, 2019

QT 1 Apr 19, 2 Pet 3:3, Chosen ignorance and willful rebellion


2 Peter 3:3 (ESV) — knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

NOTE: This is truly the description of my world. And I'm sure in history past, there have been times like this, possibly worst. But I suppose I am arguing that in the past they were not aware of  God's plan to the same degree as today. Men lived in ignorance. But today, despite the spread of the gospel to nearly the whole world, men live in chosen ignorance and willful rebellion. I think the degree of this lifestyle is at its highest in history. We want to do what we want to do. We will not be told it is wrong. We will not be told that we are in rebellion to God. We will not be told! To make it easier on our consciences, we scoff at truth. We deny God's existence. We deny the historical record. We do everything possible to justify our own existence and freedom to live as we choose. We are a foolish people.

PRAYER: Father, open the eyes of those who truly are seeking. In others, bring them to the point where they have nothing left but to seek out you. Break our pride. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment