Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 29, 2019

QT 29 Apr 19, Jude 19, The need to really know Jesus


Jude 19 (ESV) — It is these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit.

NOTE: These people are in our churches. Some are teachers, some are members, some are just attenders. I welcome those who are not members and those who are searching. My concern is with the ones who are absolutely convinced that they are believers, but are worldly and devoid of the Spirit. They cause divisions and are often at the center of controversies and disagreements. It is not because they have such a great understanding of the scripture, it is because they are not applying the word of God practically to their life.

PRAYER: Open the eyes of the deceived in our church. Help them to see the real gospel. I pray they would repent. I pray they would seek to know you personally. I pray they would apply the word of God to their life in a daily manner. Show your grace to them. I saw one, a long time attender, come to Christ a couple of months back -- I pray for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment