Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

QT 3 Apr 19, 2 Pet 3:12-13, I live today not for the future


2 Peter 3:12–13 (ESV) — 12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13 But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

NOTE: A new heavens and a new earth will occur after the millennial period, after one last rebellion at the end of the thousand years. God will recreate everything. I find it interesting that Peter awaits, what we refer to as the "eternal age." I await the rapture, which precedes the tribulation, which precedes the millennium, which precedes the eternal age. But in a very real sense, those are far away. God gave me life, and that life is happening right now. I hope for the days in the future, but I live in this day. I don't want to miss the life I have now. I don't want to wish away my life waiting for the next big event (Friday, the weekend, the summer, football season, a promotion, etc). What I need to be waiting for is, what will God show me today and how will he use my life today for his glory today?

PRAYER: Father, I pray today would be my focus and not things in the future. I will live right now and enjoy my salvation right now. Open my eyes to your work and the good works you have prepared for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment