Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 25, 2019

QT 25 Apr 19, Jude 17-18, We are becoming a nation of scoffers


Jude 17–18 (ESV) — 17 But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. 18 They said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.”

NOTE: I don't know if there has ever been a time when there were more scoffers than there are now. Some of them exist in the so-called church. Some of them attend our church. They don't really believe the scriptures are the word of God--well, at least their actions don't communicate it. In our country, more people identify as atheists than as any other religious group -- we are becoming, if not already, a godless nation. We are following our own ungodly passions. We look a lot like Sodom and Gomorrah. What is wrong is celebrated; what is right is ridiculed. The only question left is, how long O, Lord? We are certainly not beyond revival and we are certainly candidates for grace. But, I think with 61M aborted babies since 1973 in the US and 1,500M aborted babies worldwide, God's judgment is more likely.

PRAYER: Father, I don't feel the desire to pray for us or mercy. I do pray you might open the eyes of those who will become elect and save them from the ungodly way of life they are living. And I pray for those who truly are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, may we live as we SHOULD!

No comments:

Post a Comment