Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 4, 2019

QT 4 Apr 19, 2 Pet 3:17, Preach the word, God's word and not man's word

2 Peter 3:17 ESV — You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. 

NOTE: In context this verse is referring to people who twist Paul's word, which Peter clearly implies are the words of God. There is a lot of error out there in the world, masquerading as intelligence or knowledge, but are neither because they deny God as creator or as lawgiver or as judge and ruler of the universe. Anyone taking any one of those three positions is gravely in error. We need to avoid, and I mean seriously avoid these teachers. There are wrong and are gravely wrong because they are misleading the people, the church, the bride of Christ. 

PRAYER: Father protect me in my teaching. May I never shrink back from teaching some unpopular topic. Keep me aware. Continue to wash me in your word. May I be a blessing to the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment