Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, December 16, 2019

QT 16 Dec 19, 1 Pet 3:15, Always be prepared


1 Peter 3:15 (ESV) — but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

NOTE: Always be prepared. It is wise to develop some apologetic skills -- not that most people could ever expect to answer any and all questions from a scoffer. There are just too many scoffers and each one needs only a few to represent a huge amount of arguments. Many arguments do collapse to a few, but there are no lack of individuals who want to disprove the bible or God. But there are many useful answers. The first and best is our testimony. "I do not know the answer to that question, although I can look for you, but I have found that Jesus Christ completely transformed my life." The work of the Holy Spirit cannot really be disputed, only doubted. Another answer of mine, "I have a book that has hundreds of supposed errors in scripture that a little logic and science answer -- most of the errors start with the assumption that the text is in error to make their argument, not really looking into the alternatives. I would be glad to investigate your 'question' if you are really interested." But really the best response only requires one to read 1 Cor 15. There are many eyewitnesses to the fact of the resurrection. The onus is on the scoffer to dismiss 500 people in mostly separate situations. If he tries to make issue of the records written by man. Well, archaeology has shown that what was written in the first century is nearly exactly what we still have today.

PRAYER: Father, help me not to shrink back when questioned. You have given me great wisdom. May I use it for your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment