Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, December 6, 2019

QT 4 Dec 19, 1 Pet 2:4-5, Being a stone that can be built upon


As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:4-5 ESV

NOTE: I am a living stone. I am part of a larger building. I stand upon the stones of others, men and women who lived lives that honored God. I now have a responsibility to build upon the stone of my life. I need to live in such a way that my life does not weaken the building.

PRAYER: Father, today help me to live a life that would be a witness to those around me. Help me to be concerned for others. Help me to look out for others. Help me to treat others as more important than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment