Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

QT 24 Dec 19, 1 Pet 5:6-7, Don't use humility as a means to be exalted


1 Peter 5:6–7 (ESV) — 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

NOTE: God is the one who exalts another, not the person himself. God knows the proper timing. Of course, if the only interest is in being exalted, then I doubt the time is any time soon. We really need to let go of our selfish desires to be recognized. We need to be completely content in who we are, not caring how another might view my success or lack of success. I saw a movie where the rich ruler of the house pretended to be a pan handler. He submitted to a number of humbling experiences. In the end, he gained far more than he gave up.

PRAYER: I do pray that my humility would not be a means to exaltation. I want to be real. I don't want to have secret and wicked thoughts. I want to humbly serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment