Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

QT 23 Dec 19, 1 Pet 5:5, Learning humility in the new year


1 Peter 5:5 (ESV) — 5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

NOTE: This has always been my struggle. This new year, I am resolving to downplay myself. I am not going to talk about my accomplishments. I am not going to bring up things I have accomplished. I am focusing on other people. I have no reason to uphold myself. I am content with who I am. I am content with my relationship with God. I want to serve others.

PRAYER: Father, give me the strength and power of the Holy Spirit to withhold my speech in those opportunities I have to boast. Let me fade back into the woodwork. Give me the power to show true humility

No comments:

Post a Comment