Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

QT 25 Dec 19, 2 Pet 1:5-8, Growing in Christ in stages


2 Peter 1:5–8 (ESV) — 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

NOTE: I think there are seasons in life where we are growing in different aspects. I do see the list as increasing in maturity. But I also see that it is a list where we are always  going through it all over again. And then are areas where we just struggle. I think my constant struggle is in self-control. While I am not heavy, I am certainly 10 to 20 pounds heavier than I would like to be. My struggle is saying no to food, even when I have made up my mind to say no, I somehow allow myself to be tricked by my body into eating something I really don't need. This is another goal for the new year, to be increasingly stronger in self control.

PRAYER: Father, I pray for the strength and power of the Holy Spirit to be present in my life this year and to help me say no to the temptations of the flesh, especially as it comes to eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment