Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

QT 11 Feb 2020, Luke 6:35-36, Love your enemies


Luke 6:35–36 (ESV) — 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

NOTE: It is easy to love those who love you. It is easy to reciprocate to those who reciprocate to you. It is very hard to love those who don't love you or who take advantage of you or who have no intention of repaying or even saying thank you. It is hard. But, this is what God calls us to do -- not to worry about how we will be repaid or whether we are being taken advantage of or being abused -- we are to love people independent of the results.

PRAYER: Father, this is hard to do and I don't do a very good job. I'd rather pray for vengeance than blessing. But, I do lift up those who have acted as my enemies. Work in their heart. I pray that they may receive the greatest blessing of all, the knowledge of Jesus as their savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment