Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, February 7, 2020

QT 7 Feb 2020, Luke 6:12, Rely on God, not people


Luke 6:12 (ESV) — In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.

NOTE: Jesus was a perfect man, without sin, and fully God. And yet, decisions required careful thought and prayer with the Father. God, existing without the constraints of time, knows exactly the decision to make, yet Jesus wrestles all night in prayer. In this case, the constraint of being a man and making hard choices was upon Jesus. It is not easy being a leader. The decisions of the leader are questioned even when the rationale is explained. The one person any child of God can go to is the Father. He will listen and comfort and strengthen. I wonder if Jesus upset others for not choosing them. I wonder if they went from being a friend to a scoffer. I wonder if roots of bitterness sprung up. All we can do is pray.

PRAYER: Father, as a leader, my decisions are not accepted by all. I'm no longer one of the "guys." I'm a boss and my actions and choices are evaluated, discussed, and sometimes dismissed. I don't know the secret to not letting that bother me, except I do know I can always go to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment