Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

QT 12 Feb 2020, Luke 6:42, Recognizing our failures first


Luke 6:42 (ESV) — 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye.

NOTE: What is the log in my eye? Do we ask that question enough, or ever? We always assume there is not a log in our eyes. How can we believe we are so perfect? Maybe the better discussion with ourselves is to start by recognizing our own weaknesses and failures, and then asking ourselves if they have any bearing on our interaction with another concerning their "speck?" I think it would be a much healthier person who admits his own failures before he complains of another.

PRAYER: Father, it is easy to mentally attack others for injustice, but I am not perfect either. Forgive me for my failures and my sins. Help me to give grace to others as you give to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment