Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, February 20, 2020

QT 20 Feb 2020, Luke 7:31-32, We don't disbelieve because we can't; we disbelieve because we choose


Luke 7:31–32 (ESV) —
31 “To what then shall I compare the people of this generation, and what are they like? 32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another,
“ ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.’

NOTE: I think Jesus' point is that man always has an excuse to why he will not consider obedience to God as a rightful action for his life. There is always a reason. The reason does not have to make sense. Logic can be discarded when it comes to the claims of Christ. Unbelief has nothing to do with science or intellect but only rebellion. We do not believe because we choose not to believe.

PRAYER: Father, help my friends, acquaintances, and co-workers see the real issue of life. It is not the facts, but it is their black heart. Open their eyes to their sin, your standard of righteousness, and the coming judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment