Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, June 12, 2020

QT 12 Jun 2020, 1 Tim 6:18-19, More instruction for the rich


1 Timothy 6:18–19 (ESV) — 18 They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, 19 thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

NOTE: These instructions are specifically for the rich. They should be rich in good works (as opposed to being known as rich in wealth). They should be generous. They are given riches to give to others. And they are told to be ready to share. This would not just be their liquid assets (money) but their illiquid, that is the things they own. They are to share the material things that riches have given them to others as needed (car, home, tools, etc.,). These actions will store up true treasure for themselves in heaven. It lays a foundation for the future (heaven). And it allows them to truly experience true life, not the life of the rich which is not true nor is it satisfying.

PRAYER: Father, I do want to share with others. I do want to do good works. But I also want to keep those things hidden. I pray for opportunities to meet needs of others. I pray to be able to do it in a way that hides my involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment