Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, June 18, 2020

QT 18 Jun 2020, Ps 48:9-10, Loved beyond measure


Psalm 48:9–10 (ESV) —
9 We have thought on your steadfast love, O God,
in the midst of your temple.
10 As your name, O God,
so your praise reaches to the ends of the earth.
Your right hand is filled with righteousness.

NOTE: Thoughts on God's steadfast love led to praise. The word for "steadfast love" is translated in other versions as faithful love, unfailing love, loyal love, etc. The Hebrew is checed and comes from a root word meaning "to show thyself merciful." The point is that in spite of our bad choices and failures, God's love is steadfast. He shows mercy. He does not respond in-kind, that is, He does not give us what we deserve or what we have earned. He forgives and He gives mercy. I don't have to appease God. I don't have to do things to earn repentance. I have a God who steadfastly loves me. The burden for all my sins (past, present, and future) have already been laid on Jesus and paid. I am free and I am completely loved. What a wonderful feeling! My praise cannot rise high enough.

PRAYER: Father thank you so much for love so amazing, so divine that it demands my soul, my life, my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment