Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

QT 30 Jun 2020, Ps 60:1-3, Our struggles are because we refuse to believe


Psalm 60:1–3 (ESV) —
1 O God, you have rejected us, broken our defenses;
you have been angry; oh, restore us.
2 You have made the land to quake; you have torn it open;
repair its breaches, for it totters.
3 You have made your people see hard things;
you have given us wine to drink that made us stagger.

NOTE: I believe this is happening to us now, but our problem is that we do not see God's judgment for our sin. We are not Israel. We do not have a special relationship with God. But for those who are believers in Jesus Christ, we are figuratively the body of Christ (representing Christ to the world) and figuratively the bride of Christ (special and loved by Jesus). It is not this nation that is special but the remnant who believes. Now is the time to be bold and to share our faith. People need to know that there is real hope and real answers to the problems of life. Those answers are found in the words of Jesus and in the New Testament. We have a sin problem. We have a disobedience problem. Much of what we do is against his proclamations. God told us how to live but we rejected his ruler-ship from the very first moments in the garden. And now we live with the consequences of life without God's ruler-ship. We are supposed to see how futile the effort is, but instead people seek out more sin and more rebellion. We are destroying ourselves in our effort to save ourselves because we refuse to repent and believe in Jesus.

PRAYER: Psalm 139:23–24 (ESV) —
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
I can't see my own sin. Reveal to me my sin. I want to repent and be cleansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment