Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

QT 3 Jun 2020, 1 Tim 6:12ab, The fight of faith is believing in the unseen


1 Timothy 6:12ab (ESV) — Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called …

NOTE: Earlier in the book, Paul told Timothy that he was a soldier enlisted to Jesus Christ. The context suggested that his task would not be easy and he would suffer. A soldier's life is not easy, especially then. Campaigns could take a person a long way from home and for a considerable time. You lived in a sparse tent and did not enjoy any of the amenities of civilian life. Now Paul tells him to fight the good fight of the faith. This is not a violent physical fight, but a spiritual battle. We don't always see the results or even what God is doing, but we continue to fight in faith believing that God is in control and is working his good will in the situation. We should always pray and not give up. That was one of the first things Paul told Timothy to teach the men. That is what being a spiritual leader is all about.

PRAYER: Father, I want to be a good example of a man who continues in prayer. Forgive me when I fail. I know you are working. I must believe you are bringing good out of the evil I see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment