Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, August 19, 2022

QT 8/18/2022 Hab 3:14-16, Making a difference

Habakkuk 3:14–16 (ESV) —

14 You pierced with his own arrows the heads of his warriors,

who came like a whirlwind to scatter me,

rejoicing as if to devour the poor in secret.

15 You trampled the sea with your horses,

the surging of mighty waters.

16 I hear, and my body trembles;

my lips quiver at the sound;

rottenness enters into my bones;

my legs tremble beneath me.

Yet I will quietly wait for the day of trouble

to come upon people who invade us.

 

NOTE: This is often ironic and unfortunately funny -- evil people lay traps that catch themselves (vs 14). And still, they berate themselves for the unintended consequences without every considering that an outside force could be influencing events. The point is that no matter how bad things seem, we really never know the outcome until long after the action or event. Instead of trying to one-up our adversaries, as believers, we need to do what is right and we need to love our enemies. In the end, God will accomplish his will among the nations.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I caught up in a war with political enemies or am I pushing back the gates of hell by engaging people with love and the gospel?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to love my so-called enemies. They are people created in your image. I want to be a positive difference in their lives that draws them, not repels them from the savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment