Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

QT 8/31/2022 Ps 27:13-14, Not being discouraged by a world of evil

Psalm 27:13–14 (RSV) —

13 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord

in the land of the living!

14 Wait for the Lord;

be strong, and let your heart take courage;

yea, wait for the Lord!

 

NOTE: Life is hard. And while God is in ultimate charge, the bible tells us that the evil one is the ruler and prince of the earth. So, things will not always go the way we want them to go. We will face obstacles and false witnesses who serve (knowingly or unknowingly) the evil one. Someday things will change. God will establish the millennial kingdom on earth and then recreate the heavens and the earth. And then we will not face unfair and unjust practices. For now, we must believe that someday we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living -- but for now, we should not be surprised by the opposite.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I allow the world, people, events, injustices, and lies to steal my joy?
  2. Do I believe I have a future and a hope that is much greater than the here and now?

 

PRAYER: Lord, help to let go of the injustices I have experienced. You have blessed me exceedingly and my future in heaven will make every experience on earth seem like a small bug bite. I say it again -- I trust you and believe you are working in my life for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment