Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, August 26, 2022

QT 8/25/2022 Ps 25:14-15, Fear is the starting point

Psalm 25:14–15 (ESV) —

14 The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him,

and he makes known to them his covenant.

15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord,

for he will pluck my feet out of the net.

 

NOTE: The Greek word for ESV's 'friendship' is sod and suggests a very intimate and close relationship. Where does this relationship start? Surprisingly, it starts with fear, but why? I think it is because we have to recognize God's holiness to truly be able to approach him. We can't approach God flippantly, but we do have access because of Jesus to enter the very throne room of God. Jesus' holiness translates into holiness in us, we are covered in his blood, and as a consequence have a relationship of love now. But still, fear is the starting point, and until a person recognizes their need (their unholiness) and put their faith in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, there is no possibility of friendship with God.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I truly believe that on my own, I am completely unworthy of any relationship with God? I NEED a savior.

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for the salvation provided by Jesus on the cross. I know I am unworthy and undeserving of eternal life in the new kingdom. But Jesus is my savior. He died for my sins. His death gives me access to immeasurable riches in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment