Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

QT 9/14/2022 Gal 1:11-12, Knowing God, not religion

Galatians 1:11–12 (ESV) —

11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man’s gospel. 12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

 

NOTE: The gospel has nothing to do with man-made religion. Satan has used religion to hide the truth of the gospel from people. Religion is when man-made rules are devised as a path to God. Whether it is Hinduism or Islam or Catholicism or Paganism, they are creations of man or at least add-ons of man to hide the truth. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a God-developed answer for man's greatest need -- a restored relationship to our creator and an answer to our sin burden. Jesus, God-man, who came to earth to show us the way and to die in our place is the mediator of this new covenant between God and man. Jesus is the point of the gospel. Faith is all that is required of the gospel. And Grace is the result of the gospel. We are saved from eternal separation from God by Jesus' work on the cross. It is pretty simple. And that is why Satan wants to make it messy, confusing, and man-based.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I have a relationship with Jesus or do I follow a religion/denomination?

 

PRAYER: Father, I lived before in religion and it is so satisfying to have a relationship with you. There really is no greater thing than knowing you (as the song goes). You give me life and you make life satisfying. Thank you for saving me and for revealing (giving glimpses of) yourself to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment