Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, September 19, 2022

QT 9/19/2022 Gal 2:10, Caring for the poor

Galatians 2:10 (ESV) —

10 Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

 

NOTE: Although this is very early in Paul's ministry, it does help us to understand Paul's heart. While Luke does not share the details in Acts, in Paul's letters we find that the return from the third missionary trip to Jerusalem was a special effort by Paul to support the poor Judean Christians. Apparently, this situation existed from the early days of the gospel, and may have been the reason for the creation of the deacons (Acts 4). This was not a quid pro quo to get an agreement, this was a heartfelt response of Paul that also weighed heavily on the leaders in Jerusalem.

 

PONDER:

  1. What are my efforts to help?
  2. Is it a priority in my life?

 

PRAYER: Father, I do support orphans, the poor, food ministries, and missionaries. What else do I need to do? There is no lack of food in my house. My problem is not having enough to eat but having too much. Help me to be sensitive to the opportunities that you provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment