Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

QT 9/6/2022 Ps 30:7-12, A strong relationship all the time

Psalm 30:7–12 (ESV) —

7 By your favor, O Lord,

you made my mountain stand strong;

you hid your face;

I was dismayed.

8 To you, O Lord, I cry,

and to the Lord I plead for mercy:

9 “What profit is there in my death,

if I go down to the pit?

Will the dust praise you?

Will it tell of your faithfulness?

10 Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!

O Lord, be my helper!”

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;

you have loosed my sackcloth

and clothed me with gladness,

12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

 

NOTE: David seems to be going through ups and downs. When life is good, something happens, causing him to reach out to God. Then God answers and rescues him again. God allows pain in our life to cause us to reach out to him. When life is going well, we have a tendency to forget God, and even though we might give God the praise for our situation, we tend to glory in our own ability or spirituality in getting us there. What is the real goal? The real purpose of God is that we would be reaching out to him all the time. He wants us seeking him in the good times as well as the bad. He deeply wants us to experience a full relationship with him, and not the things of the world.

 

PONDER:

  1. What effort do I put into my relationship with God?
  2. Do I only "really" reach out when things are bad?

 

PRAYER: Father, we are a stubborn and sinful people. Even redeemed by Jesus and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, we are still selfish sinners. I need to make my prayer time more of a priority these days (well, all days). I want to reach out without circumstances forcing me to reach out.



No comments:

Post a Comment