Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, September 9, 2022

QT 9/9/2022 Ps 31:23-24, Waiting on God

Psalm 31:23–24 (ESV) —

23 Love the Lord, all you his saints!

The Lord preserves the faithful

but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride.

24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage,

all you who wait for the Lord!

 

NOTE: The verse only makes sense in the light of eternity. While God does rescue on earth and recompense on earth, he has all of eternity in view. In heaven or on the millennial earth, those short years will seem like nothing in comparison to eternity. And for those who are judged, repaid for their sin, eternity will be overwhelming. The key part of David's ending wisdom is  1) be strong, 2) be courageous, and 3) wait for the Lord. As Michael Card sings in Maranatha,

 

"It's certain that waiting's the most bitter lesson

 A believing heart has to learn"

From <https://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/michael+card/maranatha_20263426.html>

 

I'm not good at waiting. My sticky fingers try to get involved and speed things up. It is hard to wait. Someday, evil will be judged and all will make sense, but for now I need to get better at waiting.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I wait or do I try to help God along by getting my sticky fingers involved?

 

PRAYER: Father, I know I need to trust and wait. I'm not good at waiting. Give me grace and strength to trust you. Give me courage to wait. I want your best, not what I think is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment