Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, September 1, 2022

QT 9/1/2022 Ps 28:1-2, Learning to wait and trust

Psalm 28:1–2 (ESV) —

1 To you, O Lord, I call;

my rock, be not deaf to me,

lest, if you be silent to me,

I become like those who go down to the pit.

2 Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy,

when I cry to you for help,

when I lift up my hands

toward your most holy sanctuary.

 

NOTE: David was probably in one of those crisis situations where he needed help quickly. It may have been when Absalom revolted, but whatever the situation, David was in desperate need. It seems that it is normal -- normal to call out in desperate need and normal not to receive the immediate response. God is never caught off guard, and yet he withholds his hand for his reasons. God does want us 1) to learn to wait and 2) to learn to trust him. Both are very difficult. We must believe that God has heard and God will answer in a way that is best for us, his glory, the situation, and the people involved. We are not the only person at stake in a crisis, no matter how it may seem to us. This is hard. I know. I have been at this point far too often.

 

PONDER:

  1. Can we wait and trust during the crisis? I hope we don't need to learn.

 

PRAYER: Father, those days of crisis after crisis were very painful. It did not look like we would ever see the light of hope. And yet we did, but some people never do. I believe you are doing the best for your children. Have mercy on us. Open our eyes to your truth. Protect us from the lies of Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment