Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 27, 2023

QT 4/27/2023 2 Sam 22:32-43, Everything in life requires we see God in it

2 Samuel 22:32–43 (ESV) —

32 “For who is God, but the Lord?

And who is a rock, except our God?

33 This God is my strong refuge

and has made my way blameless.

34 He made my feet like the feet of a deer

and set me secure on the heights.

35 He trains my hands for war,

so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

36 You have given me the shield of your salvation,

and your gentleness made me great.

37 You gave a wide place for my steps under me,

and my feet did not slip;

38 I pursued my enemies and destroyed them,

and did not turn back until they were consumed.

39 I consumed them; I thrust them through, so that they did not rise;

they fell under my feet.

40 For you equipped me with strength for the battle;

you made those who rise against me sink under me.

41 You made my enemies turn their backs to me,

those who hated me, and I destroyed them.

42 They looked, but there was none to save;

they cried to the Lord, but he did not answer them.

43 I beat them fine as the dust of the earth;

I crushed them and stamped them down like the mire of the streets.

 

NOTE: God is the focus and the source of David's success. David did not sit back and just wait. He trusted and trained and went into battle. And he believed God and gave God the glory for his success. Even in his prudence -- his training and planning -- he trusted God.

 

My days in the corporate world are coming to a close. I feel as if my battle has run into a wall that cannot be brought down. It is the foolishness of this age that God has given this nation over to. As John laments, "how long, O lord?" so I too lament. I have done my due diligence and now I must be equally diligent about my new "job." I will pour myself and time into discipleship and honing my speaking and writing skills. I will continue to learn and grow, even in my past math/science skills. I will work, but not for a corrupt system, but for God, whether it be discipleship, gardening, woodworking, or projects around the house. I will do all for the glory of God. I will continue to train myself on how to share the gospel in innovative ways. I'm not quitting, I am changing jobs -- my retirement is my new job.

 

PONDER:

  1. I need to develop a plan of action for my days. While I have freedom to change, I need to prudently develop a plan that I can give to God.

 

PRAYER: Father, lead me and guide me in these last two months. As I respond to my current bosses, I pray I would not be flippant, but respectful. I have a good witness, I do not want to lose it because of some frustration. Lead me, guide me, have mercy on me, and be gracious to me, I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment