Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, April 28, 2023

QT 4/28/2023 2 Sam 22:44-51, Finish well, give everything your best effort

2 Samuel 22:44–51 (ESV) —

44 “You delivered me from strife with my people;

you kept me as the head of the nations;

people whom I had not known served me.

45 Foreigners came cringing to me;

as soon as they heard of me, they obeyed me.

46 Foreigners lost heart

and came trembling out of their fortresses.

47 “The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock,

and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation,

48 the God who gave me vengeance

and brought down peoples under me,

49 who brought me out from my enemies;

you exalted me above those who rose against me;

you delivered me from men of violence.

50 “For this I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations,

and sing praises to your name.

51 Great salvation he brings to his king,

and shows steadfast love to his anointed,

to David and his offspring forever.”

 

NOTE: For all that David went through and suffered, some from evil men and some because of his own failures, in the end, he was blessed. It doesn't matter the title or the position at the end of your life. What matters is to hear God say "well done, good and faithful servant, you have been faithful in many things." As I get close to my final days, I can know how each of the seasons of life have gone. And no matter how things have turned out so far, the most important season is the one you are in now. If life ended today, I believe I have been faithful. But I have another season beginning soon, and I must be just as vigilant to live for God in the next season as I have in the last. I'm itching to get started. But, I must also finish this last one correctly. I have two more months. I pray for grace to finish strong.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I giving the things that God has put before me my best effort -- my job, my family, my walk with God, my ministry?

 

PRAYER: Lord, I do need to give my best. I don't want to ruin my witness in the final days of my job. Have mercy on me I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment