Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

QT 31 Jul 18, Rev 21:2, God's creation is beautiful


Revelation 21:2 (ESV) — And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

NOTE: Our new home is an interstellar city. The dimensions, discussed later, are unbelievable and suggest some form of artificial or God-created gravity. The city is beautiful, because everything God does is beautiful. Beauty is part of his nature. Our sin-marred nature enjoys beauty but somehow just destroys it in all of our endeavors. Our creations of beauty, called art, fall so far short of anything in God's creation. Real art is not found on a canvas, but is found in creation. Nothing against art and some people are incredibly talented, but nothing compares to the beauty of the creator.

PRAYRE: Father, open my eyes and help me to see real beauty. Help me to look beyond the sin-marred landscape of lives and land, and see the original creation. Thank you for giving us beauty and giving us the ability to enjoy beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment