Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

QT 10 Sep 19, 1 Thess 6:10, This life is not my reward


1 Thessalonians 1:10 (ESV) — … and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

NOTE: These new believers were waiting for Jesus' return. I think it is a good characteristic of all believers to be waiting for the son's return. Why? Because when we believe the return of the Lord is imminent, we live less for the things of the world and we live more for eternal things -- things that will last. My retirement home is not here, it is in heaven. I don't retire on earth to leisure. My earthly retirement is more opportunity to minister and serve. I am never above the things that are asked of me when I believe I am serving the Lord Jesus Christ. He is coming soon. I need to be fully engaged in his work.

PRAYER: Father, whatever happens here on earth. I am not living for this life. I thank you for supplying all I need. But my job is to minister to my co-workers, my neighbors, my friends, and the church body. I need to be engaged here because you are coming soon. There is not much time left to complete the work of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment