Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, September 12, 2019

QT 12 Sep 18, 1 Thess 2:11-12, God has called us (he has accepted us)


1 Thessalonians 2:11–12 (ESV) — 11 For you know how, like a father with his children, 12 we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory.

NOTE: To Paul, those he was helping were like his children. He was deeply concerned with their choices and growth. He wanted them to succeed. He exhorted, but he also encouraged. He gave them a charge, a goal that was high and lofty, the kind of challenge that causes people to reach for the skies -- "walk in a manner worthy of God." How can anyone do that? We are so unworthy, and yet God himself has called us to His kingdom and to share in His glory. Yes, we are unworthy, but God wants us to come. Rather than fighting with God about our unworthiness, we need to accept his call and live in a manner worthy of him -- no matter how hard.

PRAYER: Father, I am unworthy. But, I believe you have still chosen to call me. I won't argue with you or dismiss myself -- you have accepted me. I want to live up to the challenge given me -- to walk in a manner worthy of the King of all ages and the ruler over all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment