Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

QT 1 Jan 20, 2 Pet 2:12-14, We are called to be holy


2 Peter 2:12–14 (ESV) — 12 But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, 13 suffering wrong as the wage for their wrongdoing. They count it pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, while they feast with you. 14 They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children!

NOTE: We are not animals. We are rational and make decisions based on judgment, not feelings or bodily desires. We should be humble and recognize the things of which we really do not understand. We need to be very careful in regards to our desires -- many are the product of an evil nature, even among those in the church. I can see this today in the modern church of America, a church driven not by the Word of God but by the desires of the flesh.

PRAYER: Father, We are an incredibly sad example of Jesus Christ to our world. My heart breaks for my own sinful failures. I want to live a holy and disciplined life for my Lord. I can say 'no' to my body. I am no longer a slave to sin. Father, help me in this new year to be an example of godliness to those I touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment