Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, January 16, 2020

QT 16 Jan 20, Luke 2:17-19, Spend time pondering


Luke 2:17–19 (ESV) — 17 And when they saw it, they made known the saying that had been told them concerning this child. 18 And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.

NOTE: I could do a little more pondering in my heart and a little less talking. Except, talking to the Father is good. I have learned a lot this week. And I do need to ponder the things I have learned. I need to rethink how I approach people in a post-Christian world. I need to properly balance my commitments. Mary pondered the events of her life. They were not easy. She faced ridicule from family and friends. She faced hard circumstances (the long ride and no housing). Life was not easy, and she pondered what God was doing.

PRAYER: Father, help to learn the right things from life events. Help me to know when to share things and when to shut up. Help me to care and love others, but also, not to go against the laws of the land (when they don't violate your law). I trust you that you are working good in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment