Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

QT 15 Jan 20, Luke 2:1-3, God is always at work, and sometimes it discomforts us, that is, his work in others


Luke 2:1–3 (ESV) — 1 In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. 2 This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 And all went to be registered, each to his own town.

NOTE:  I know I have made this observation before in another QT note, but it is interesting how God shuffles a whole known world of people just to place the birth of his son in Bethlehem to fulfill prophecy. Of course, the other way of looking at it is that God knew Augustus would do this and so the prophecy just tells us what will take place. Either way it is extraordinary. I think what is missed is that the players (Joseph and Mary) experience hardship (travel, birth on the road, a stable for a room) without realizing the bigger picture of what God is doing. More so, all the other people moving around and being discomforted, did not know that this was to get one young girl moved to Bethlehem. And many would never know. It is easy to be cynical and not realize that God is at work. We just have no idea where or with whom he is working.

PRAYER: Father, I do not need to know what you are doing. But, I cannot forget that you are doing. You are working in the lives of individuals to bring the light of the gospel. I may be discomforted by the events, but whom am I to say your work in a young girl's life is not a good thing just because I am afflicted in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment