Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

QT 8 Jan 20, 2 Pet 3:15, Use these last days to grow


2 Peter 3:15 (ESV) — And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,

NOTE: I really like Wheaton's commentary,  "While God is waiting, He is both giving time for the unbeliever to be saved, and for the believer to be working out his salvation (cf. Phil. 2:12, 13) in terms of progress in sanctification.” God will complete his plan, but in the meantime, I need to be working out my salvation with fear and trembling. I am saved eternally and without doubt. But, God expects me to do good works which he has prepared in advance. There is a judgment coming for the believer -- it does not result in eternal punishment, but it is judgment none-the-less. For all God has done in saving me from Hell, what am I doing to show my thankfulness and appreciation? I want to earn a crown that I can cast in worship of the Savior.

PRAYER: Father, thank you so much for saving me from the muck of my existence. Thank you for opening my eyes to truth. Thank you for your gracious salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment