Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, January 2, 2020

QT 2 Jan 20, 1 Pet 1:17b-19, It is still true today -- we can only share what we have seen


2 Peter 1:17b–19 (ESV) — 17b … and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” 18 we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain. 19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,

NOTE: Peter saw Jesus' life. He saw the miracles. He saw the death. He saw the resurrected Christ. And he heard the voice of the Father confirm that Jesus was his son. He did not recant his story and tradition tells us he too was crucified, this time by Caesar. He died because of what he witnessed. He did not make up a story. He had no reason to lie. He had every reason to die for his belief, because he had a greater reward confirmed by his life knowledge of the risen savior. You can fool the next generations, but you can't fool the eyewitnesses. They showed stronger commitment and belief than many believers display today -- because they knew the truth.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for my unbelief. I allow the world to distort the truth. I know the risen savior, because he lives in my heart today. I did not get to see Jesus or his life, but I have seen Jesus change my life. I need to remember that and I need to communicate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment