Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

QT 1 Jul 2020, Ps 61:2, Our true rock is Jesus


Psalm 61:2 (ESV) —
2 from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,

NOTE: Verse 2a "From the end of the earth I call to you" - It doesn't matter where we are or even how far away we feel from God, we are loved with a steadfast love that does not change. With Jesus' death, our sins were taken away and we have his righteousness. He hears us; He loves us; He is always ready to help us. Verse 2b "when my heart is faint" - Fear causes us to faint. Worry increases the fear and vice-a-versa. Everything seems so difficult in those times. We want to give up and forget life. God is still there, although his presence is not always felt. He does not change. Verse 2c "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I" - There were a number of rock refuges for David in the wilderness, but I think that in this case (and in the context given by verse 3) he is referring to God. God is our rock. He is immovable. He is firm. He protects. He gives us peace.

PRAYER: In this day, we need your protection. The world is slowly unraveling due to self-generated anger, sin, disease, and lies. We need to  stand up for the truth that is real truth, Jesus. He died to give us a future and a hope that is real and eternal. May we not shrink back in this day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment