Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, August 17, 2020

QT 17 Aug 2020, Hos 12:8, We live too much for wealth, and not really for God


Hosea 12:8 (ESV) —
8 Ephraim has said, “Ah, but I am rich;
I have found wealth for myself;
in all my labors they cannot find in me iniquity or sin.”

NOTE: Riches are no excuse for behavior. Living for riches is the sin. Even if the person is so busy working for riches that he has no opportunity to sin. But he does sin. He does not find time for God or family or serving others because he is so busy making wealth. The rich man serves money, making decisions based on the accumulations of it, rather than on the use of it for the kingdom. Wealth is not sin, but living for wealth and worshipping wealth are indeed sin. We who are wealthy, which really is most of America, are guilty. We make little effort to serve God. We are absorbed in ourselves.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for my focus on wealth. You have provided generously. You have given me much. I have not always used it as I should. I pray that I would be wise and generous with what you give.

No comments:

Post a Comment