Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, August 31, 2020

QT 31 Aug 2020, Joel 2:11, We need to repent and believe


Joel 2:11 (ESV) —
11 The Lord utters his voice
before his army,
for his camp is exceedingly great;
he who executes his word is powerful.
For the day of the Lord is great and very awesome;
who can endure it?

NOTE: While this army sounds like locusts or even very disciplined human soldiers, I think this is the demonic army that God unleashes during the tribulation. It could also be the Armies of the Nations that come up against Jerusalem, but in that case, God fights for Israel. If It is the demonic army, how can God direct it? Even demons are ultimately under God's authority. As in most issues of authority on the fallen earth, God does not use his inherent authority. Since the fall, he has allowed other authorities to rule, but that does not mean he does not have the right to rule at any time. At some point, all restraint will be gone on evil. The demonic army, currently in some type of prison will be released. Men and demons will run with their schemes. The world will be a very terrible place. And God will use evil to execute judgment. We need to repent if we have not repented yet. The only way to escape the wrath to come is the rapture. Jesus will rapture the true believers -- not the religious or the church-goers or even nice people. Jesus will only raptured those who have put their faith in him, who have repented of their sin, and have made him the Lord of their life. Many who attend church are grossly deceived by themselves and Satan. They do not truly believe.

PRAYER: Father, I pray for my church that I am a part of the body. I pray for the blind and deaf. I pray they stop playing church. I pray they stop playing middle-class American Christianity. I pray that you open our eyes and our ears and break down our wills. I pray we would confess our sins and seek you will all of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment