Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, August 20, 2020

QT 20 Aug 2020, Hos 14:3-4, The only answer is to repent and return


Hosea 14:2–4 (ESV) —
2 Take with you words
and return to the Lord;
say to him,
“Take away all iniquity;
accept what is good,
and we will pay with bulls
the vows of our lips.
3 Assyria shall not save us;
we will not ride on horses;
and we will say no more, ‘Our God,’
to the work of our hands.
In you the orphan finds mercy.”
4 I will heal their apostasy;
I will love them freely,
for my anger has turned from them.

NOTE: Politics will not save us. Alliances will not save us. Our own strength and hands (machinations) will not save us. Repentance can save us. We have turned away from God and loved the things of this world. We have forgotten God and we are being judged. This passage is about the Northern Kingdom, but it was also a warning to the Southern Kingdom as well. And, it is applicable to the church today. We will be judged for our sins. Our greatest sin (for believers) is forgetting God. Our greatest sin (for unbelievers) is the failure to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and God of our life. It's possible the upheaval of today will pass … this time. But ultimately, it will not end well. Satan is clever and deceitful and he has fooled the world that they are their own gods who can solve their own problems. It is not true. And we, as a nation, will fail if we do not recognize God and repent.

PRAYER: Father, forgive us for our arrogant stupidity. Forgive us for the apostasy that roams the land. People believe all kinds of garbage, and the message of the gospel is lost. Help me to live like Christ and to share my testimony with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment