Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 14, 2022

QT 7/14/2022 Ps 18:19, Believing and following his lead

Psalm 18:19 (ESV) —

19 He brought me out into a broad place;

he rescued me, because he delighted in me.

 

NOTE: The word is merchab and comes from a root word that means spacious or broad. The idea being, "someone located in the middle of a “broad place” is relatively secure and safe from a surprise attack. (AYBD)" The person can see all around him and he knows that he is okay. It is a peaceful feeling. When we believe that God is in charge and has my best interests at heart, we can relax and know that we are in a safe place. It may not seem like it or even look like it, but we have faith in a God who loves us greatly.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I believe God has my best interests at heart?
  2. And do I trust him that his idea of my best interests are better than my idea of my best interests?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you that you are know me and know what is happening in my life even better than I do. You are providing and you are leading. Help me to clearly see and follow your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment