Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

QT 7/19/2022 Ps 18:49-50, My witness must be my goal

Psalm 18:49–50 (ESV) —

49 For this I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations,

and sing to your name.

50 Great salvation he brings to his king,

and shows steadfast love to his anointed,

to David and his offspring forever.

 

NOTE: Paul quotes verse Ps 18:49 in this passage from Romans:

 

Romans 15:9 (ESV) — and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written,

“Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles,

and sing to your name.”

 

David was talking about his victory over his enemies and how God had placed him over many nations and peoples. Paul is referring to his ministry and how God has blessed him as he had taken the gospel to much of the Roman empire.

 

So, the real underlying truth is that God blesses us in order that his name may be glorified in this world. That is my mission and that is where God will bless me. My opportunity is in my job. I can do such a good job as a Christian servant leader, that many, who would never consider God or a god, have to consider my God. And some will realize that there is a God that demands their obedience as well.

 

I may be gone soon. The seventieth seven of Daniel is still hanging out there -- put on ice during this church age -- but God is not finished with his people. The seven years of tribulation are coming soon, and my witness now may be the difference in their salvation during those seven years.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I preparing people for the gospel?
  2. Am I an attractive witness for Christianity or an unattractive witness?

 

PRAYER: Father, I pray my words and actions would be a cause to think about the reality of you and of faith. I pray it would cause them to investigate real truth. I pray it would cause them to search for real answers. Open their eyes to the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment