Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 21, 2022

QT 7/21/2022 Ps 19:7 10-13, Valuable beyond belief

Psalm 19:7, 10–13 (NIV) —

7 The law of the Lord is perfect,

refreshing the soul.

The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,

making wise the simple.

. . .

10 They are more precious than gold,

than much pure gold;

they are sweeter than honey,

than honey from the honeycomb.

11 By them your servant is warned;

in keeping them there is great reward.

12 But who can discern their own errors?

Forgive my hidden faults.

13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;

may they not rule over me.

Then I will be blameless,

innocent of great transgression.

 

NOTE: In Psalm 19, David declares that God has made himself known through two primary channels, His creation and His word. Theologians call this General Revelation and Specific Revelation. Both evidences reveal aspects of God, although specific revelation gives better insight into the heart of God. That is why David saw specific revelation (His word) more precious than gold and sweeter than honey. Knowing God is the greatest gift one can ever experience, and truly knowing God is the most satisfying experience one can have. My time in the morning reading the word and writing down my thoughts is the most important time of my day. I look forward to it. Ideally, a quiet place without interruptions, and time to meditate upon his word, is critical, and it really does restore the soul. The morning is the best time I can find. It is precious and sweet to me.

 

PONDER:

  1. Have I formed the habit of regularly meeting with God and enjoying his presence?
  2. Or do I fool myself with once a week service listening to another who met with God?

 

PRAYER: Father, I pray all believers might experience the joy and peace of daily time in your word, listening to you (and not others) speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment