Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 7, 2022

QT 7/7/2022 Ps 16:7-11, We need God or else we will all perish in pain

Psalm 16:7–11 (ESV)

7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;

in the night also my heart instructs me.

8 I have set the Lord always before me;

because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;

my flesh also dwells secure.

10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,

or let your holy one see corruption.

11 You make known to me the path of life;

in your presence there is fullness of joy;

at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

 

NOTE: My heart is glad. I know my savior owns me. I know that I have a future and a hope. And my hope is not as the world hopes, but it is built on the promises of God. It is an assurance of a future with God in his kingdom. I know too that life will always have work, purpose, pleasure, beauty, and relationships. Because those are characteristics of God, and because, before sin entered life, that is how we were designed to live.

 

There is a lot of pain in the world today. The pain is caused by our rebellion to God that started in the garden. There can be no peace as long as we fight against his rulership of our lives. That is the part the world cannot understand. They want to blame evil on God's non-existence, whereas God is showing people what life is like where he does not rule. We wanted to be our own gods and we don't like the results.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I understand that sin and rebellion is the root cause of all the world's problems?

 

PRAYER: Father, forgive us for our continuous rebellion. Open the eyes of people to see their own sin and failure. We cannot create the world we desire in our own efforts. We must fall on our knees and repent and return to you. Come Lord Jesus, come. We need you. You are the only answer to our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment