Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, July 25, 2022

QT 7/25/2022 Ps 21:2, Learning to rest in God

Psalm 21:2 (ESV) —

2 You have given him his heart’s desire

and have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah

 

NOTE: There are many things I desire and many things I have not received. But when I look back, I am content, because the things I really needed, are the things God gave me. And he has given me things I did not ask for. He also has given mercy to me again and again, and in those cases I did not deserve his mercy. As a previous Psalm said, "the boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places." I am content and at peace. I still struggle with things, people, situations, and pain.  But, I really would not desire my life any different. I love that I have impact in people's lives. I enjoy ministry. I enjoy my relationship with God. I enjoy my job. I enjoy my home and my hobbies, I only wish I had more time. In Philippians, a letter with the theme of joy, Paul says that he had learned the secret of living in plenty and want. He could go on to the kingdom or he could stay and continue to minister. He was at peace.

 

PONDER:

  1. Are we experiencing that peace in our lives? Why or why not?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for these days. You have blessed in so many ways. There will be days of struggle. Protect us from the enemy. Protect us from a fallen world. Fill us with your joy and presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment