Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

QT 6/13/2023 Ezek 6:8-10, Don't give up fighting sin

Ezekiel 6:8–10 (ESV) —

8 “Yet I will leave some of you alive. When you have among the nations some who escape the sword, and when you are scattered through the countries, 9 then those of you who escape will remember me among the nations where they are carried captive, how I have been broken over their whoring heart that has departed from me and over their eyes that go whoring after their idols. And they will be loathsome in their own sight for the evils that they have committed, for all their abominations. 10 And they shall know that I am the Lord. I have not said in vain that I would do this evil to them.”

 

NOTE: I have noticed that when pain overwhelms us, the thought of sin and past sins is loathsome. Sin does not in any way appeal to the soul when the pain is overwhelming. Pain awakens our soul and opens our minds to the destructiveness of our sin. We see more clearly and desire more greatly to please God. Pain separates us from evil. But that is hardly a way to live. Pain is a great marker, but life lived in pain is very difficult. In heaven, we will be free of both pain and of the desire for sin. We will have what some commentators have called creature-holiness (like Adam and Eve before they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil). We won't even think about sinning. We will be content. We will enjoy each other and life without the enemy destroying our minds. Pain and tears will be past. And the only tears will be those of joy.

 

PONDER:

  1. Have I surrendered to the enemy, or am I battling, with the Holy Spirit's help, a fight against my sin every day?

 

PRAYER: Father, I don't ever want to give up on the battle against my sin nature or the evil one and his army. Holy Spirit, protect me, give me strength, lead me and guide me these days, that all I do may done to honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment