Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

QT 6/14/2023 Ezek 7:1-9, Hear or refuse to hear

Ezekiel 7:5–9 (ESV) —

5 “Thus says the Lord God: Disaster after disaster! Behold, it comes. 6 An end has come; the end has come; it has awakened against you. Behold, it comes. 7 Your doom has come to you, O inhabitant of the land. The time has come; the day is near, a day of tumult, and not of joyful shouting on the mountains. 8 Now I will soon pour out my wrath upon you, and spend my anger against you, and judge you according to your ways, and I will punish you for all your abominations. 9 And my eye will not spare, nor will I have pity. I will punish you according to your ways, while your abominations are in your midst. Then you will know that I am the Lord, who strikes.

 

NOTE: At the end of the passage Ezekiel reveals a new name for God. It is not like Jehovah-jireh (the God who provides) or Jehovah-nissi (the Lord is my banner), the new name is Jehovah-nakah, the God who strikes. God had been merciful to Israel and long-suffering. It is not that God's mercy runs out, it is that God executes his judgment. In the OT, the law made it very clear of the consequences of failure to keep the law (Deut 28 outlines the blessings and curses of failure). The result was as God said he would do. In the NT, we live under grace, but there is a consequence to rejection of the Messiah, and it will come in the end times. We don't know when God's mercy will stop. We do know for a fact that God will execute his judgment. The US is not the only country in the world, but does seem to represent the world's evil system. The days of multiple sexes, transgenderism, homosexuality, sex outside of marriage, the dissolution of marriage as defined by God, the lack of shame, taking pride in sin, and many more sins are coming to a horrific end. I pray we would speak truth in these days.

 

PONDER:

  1. How can I, in a gentle, respectful, and loving voice, warn people of the coming judgment?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to see my opportunities to stand up for truth. Give me courage. Give me creative ideas. I pray for listening ears. As said in Ezekiel, hear or refuse to hear, but we must speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment