Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

QT 6/21/2023 Ezek 10:18-22, Be real

Ezekiel 10:18–22 (ESV) —

18 Then the glory of the Lord went out from the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubim. 19 And the cherubim lifted up their wings and mounted up from the earth before my eyes as they went out, with the wheels beside them. And they stood at the entrance of the east gate of the house of the Lord, and the glory of the God of Israel was over them.

20 These were the living creatures that I saw underneath the God of Israel by the Chebar canal; and I knew that they were cherubim. 21 Each had four faces, and each four wings, and underneath their wings the likeness of human hands. 22 And as for the likeness of their faces, they were the same faces whose appearance I had seen by the Chebar canal. Each one of them went straight forward.

 

NOTE: The glory of God now leaves the threshold of the temple and moves to the east gate. God's glory is completely leaving the temple and the temple compound. The people of Israel believed that the temple provided protection -- and maybe it did. But now, if there was protection, the reason for the protection is removed. The temple is nothing more than a building that looks important, like a church that is beautiful in its appearance, but is spiritually dead. The temple has no value. Its value was derived from God's name and God's glory. Now, it is nothing but a façade.

 

These are good metaphors for our lives. Are we facades or are we the real thing? Do we put on airs and go through the motions? Do we pretend to be something we are not? Do we look good on the outside, but inside are playing a game? The games get very old to God. He can show mercy for a time, but then it is over. Let's not wait until we wake up empty.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I serious in my walk with God?
  2. Who am I fooling, because I am not fooling God?

 

PRAYER: Father, soon I will be on a totally different schedule. I want to do the same things I do now, plus be able to spend more time in extended times with you. Help me as I prepare to walk with you in this new stage in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment