Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, June 15, 2023

QT 6/15/2023 Ezek 7:16-19, Using these last days for the great commission

Ezekiel 7:16–19 (ESV) —

16 And if any survivors escape, they will be on the mountains, like doves of the valleys, all of them moaning, each one over his iniquity. 17 All hands are feeble, and all knees turn to water. 18 They put on sackcloth, and horror covers them. Shame is on all faces, and baldness on all their heads. 19 They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.

 

NOTE: This was a prophecy concerning Jerusalem and the land 2600 years ago, but it could just as easily be a prophecy concerning my land and country in the near future. This month is designated "pride" month and it is a ghastly thing for a nation to designate a month to take pride in their sins. We think we are so powerful, but our wealth and power will not save us in the day of the wrath of the Lord. We should be filled with shame because of our sin, but we celebrate it. God has blessed this nation of mine because the foundations were built on faith and the biblical principles. But in 250 years, a little more than Judah's sister, Israel, the Northern Kingdom and a little less than Judah, the Southern Kingdom, we are near the point of wrath. I think our wrath, as the latest representative of the Gentile world, is coming soon. I doubt I will see my death before the Lord comes. But in the meantime, as I wait for the rapture of the living, I will be doing all I can to share my faith, and to make disciples.

 

PONDER:

  1. What is my plan in retirement or at any time in life?
  2. How does my service to God fit with my other responsibilities?

 

PRAYER: Father, I am excited about the next steps. Again, I want to finish strong, but even now I want to be planning for the days afterwards. Lead and guide me I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment